I have a drainage issue on my property, will the City fix it?


The City of Evansville only has jurisdiction over drainage issues that are located within drainage easements and/or road right of way. If there is a drainage issue that exists on your private property it is the property owner's responsibility to correct or create positive drainage. However, if there is a "Drainage Easement" on your property these reservations are made to allow the appropriate maintenance and improvements of drainage within these easements, but these issues are prioritized and the City would have to find funding for the improvements.