Do I need a permit to work in the City's Right of way?


Yes. Any work that is performed within the designated City Road Right of Way must obtain a Permit from the City Engineer's Office. The forms are available on the City Engineer's webpage at www.evansvillegov.org. There are no fees for the permits, however, a detailed drawing showing the location of the work, the type of work, type of materials used etc. must e provided with the application. These applications are then presented to the Board of Public Works at their meetings which are held every Thursday at 1:30 PM in Room #321, Civic Center Complex, Evansville, IN.